Bake this heavenly moist and tender keto pound cake, filled with the rich taste of almonds and coconut. It’s dairy and gluten-free to boot!
It’s been a while since we’ve had a pound cake that tastes so incredibly delicious and tender. Made with keto-approved ingredients and dairy-free, it’s not only amazing to eat but also good for you.
Tip: if you have guests over, you might want to make a double batch of this recipe because it’ll be gone in minutes!
Curious about ketosis?
Click here to get the FREE Easy Keto Guide to learn the right way to go keto!
What’s In The Batter?
The main ingredients of this no-frills cake are blanched almond flour, coconut oil, coconut yogurt, and eggs – which give it the beautiful taste of pure almonds and a hint of coconut. To sweeten it up just right, we’re using powdered monk fruit sweetener that’s a 2-to-1 replacement for regular sugar. It has zero carbs, zero calories, and zero impact on your blood sugar levels.
Helpful Tips To Get Started:
- Make sure to allow the cake to cool completely before slicing. Since the cake is gluten-free and doesn’t use any starch or gums to mimic the gluey properties of gluten, it’s delicate. This means that you have to be patient and allow it to cool completely before handling it or it may break easily. However, once it’s cool enough to be sliced into, you’ll agree that it is probably the most tender and moist cake you’ve ever eaten!
- Keep this cake in an airtight container in the fridge. Being made with almond flour and coconut yogurt, the cake is very moist, which means that it has to be stored chilled or mold may easily form. Don’t worry though – it’s one of those cakes that taste so good cold. In fact, I love it even better straight out of the refrigerator!
Keto Coconut Yogurt Pound Cake
- 8-inch loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- 1¼ cups blanched almond flour
- 1 t baking powder
- ¼ t salt
- 4 T coconut oil, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- ½ cup coconut yogurt
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk well and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the coconut oil and monk fruit sweetener together until you get a light and fluffy mixture.
- Add the coconut yogurt, vanilla extract, and eggs, whisking as well as you can until combined.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix well to get a homogeneous batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40–45 minutes until the loaf is golden brown on the surface.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely (approximately 30 minutes) before removing it from the pan and slicing.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Almond flour (Anthony’s)
Baking powder (Hain)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Monk fruit powder (Julian Bakery)
Monk fruit extract (Smart138)
Vanilla extract (Frontier)
You’ll Also Love: Fluffy Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Maple Glaze